A Royal Castle Tour - Bus Charter Tour in GermanyFor the sophisticated and spoiled traveller !
Six personal selected castles in Germany will be you home during this trip. Your meals will be served there, too!
Be invited to join us on this wonderful bustour through Old Germany and discover the charming land of former Kings and Queens, Dukes and Counts. See great arts and treasures and be pampered on several incomparable horse-carriage rides along lovely landscape representing its natural beauty.
- Castle Cecilienhof in Potsdam, near Berlin. The castle is built on historic ground where in August 1945 after WWII the leaders of Allied powers have signed its Agreement.
- Castle Tremsbuettel near Hamburg. It is a beautiful castle with interesting details and a display of historic antiques.
- Castle Wilkinghege in Westphalia next to the city of Muenster. A moated castle of the Middle Age in the middle of a beautiful countryside.
- Castle Sababurg in Hesse in the north of Kassel. The castle is called the "Castle of the Sleeping Beauty" and lies right in the middle of an enchanting forest.
- Castle Friedrichsruhe in the northeast of Heilbronn in Swabia, surrounded by a beautiful park.
- Castle Cronberg in th vincinity of Frankfurt is one of Germany’s most exquisite castles and was built by Queen Victoria.
Day 01 - Arrive Berlin - bustransfer to Potsdam(to Castle Cecilienhof)
Day 02- Potsdam and Berlin Bus TourAfter your rich German breakfast you start with a city bustour of Potsdom where you see the “Garden City Potsdam”. The dynasty of Hohenzollern created this landscape of gardens and parks over centuries. You will be visiting the famous and beautiful Sanssouci Palace where you see its interior representing a virtuosity of artists who created a sumptuously rich Rokoko decor. Later, enjoy the splendid park aroud the palace and the Tea House with it´s group of gilded life-size Chinese statues. - A short bus-drive takes you further to Berlin and on sweeping avenue Unter den Linden. You stop at Friedrichsstrasse to see Checkpoint Charly, famous crossing point up to 1989 between East- and West-Berlin. - Next you will visit the Brandenburg Gate and the Reichstag building which today houses the German Parliament. Your bustour leads along Berlin’s Zoological Garden to prestigious boulevard Kurfuerstendamm where you see the ruined Emperor Wilhelm Church, kept as a reminder of the destruction in World War II. - Take some free time to shop or browse around before your bus takes you back to Castle Cecilienhof in time for dinner. (B & D/OV)
Day 03 - Bus Transfer: Potsdam - Castle Tremsbuettel, near Hamburg
Day 04 - Hamburg Harbor Cruise - Hiorse-Carriage RideEnjoy another delicious breakfast this morning before you take a short busdrive to Hamburg and to one of Europe’s largest ports. A bustour around the Inner Alster river will provide you with a great view of Hamburg´s skyline and spires of historic churches. You will see the famous Baroque landmark St. Michaelis, a church of the 18th century and its old town quarter dominated by a imposing Town Hall. Next enjoy some time at leisure at Jungfernstieg, surrounded by elegant boutiques and cafes. - At noon you are booked on an harbor cruise watching boats of all sizes, ferries and cruise ships passing by. - In the later afternoon you return to castle Tremsbuettel and are invited to participate in a lovely horse-carriage ride travelling the romantic and wooded surroundings of its castle estate. - In the evening, join for dinner at the castle. (B & D/OV)
Day 05 - Bus Tour Tremsbuettel - Bremen - Muenster (Castle Wilkinghege)
Day 06 - Bus Charter Tour trough the country of Muenster - Horse-Carriage RideThis morning starts with a good German breakfast before you visit the Castle Chapel followed by a bustour trough Westphalia’s capital Muenster. You will see the city’s old university, the market square and Dome with an altarpiece of St. John and the silver tabernacle of the 13th century. Enjoy its unique Astronomic Clock of the 16th century that shows mechanical figures rotating daily at noon. - Take some time to res tor discover the city som emore before you return to the beautiful castle. - Next a private horse-carriage drive is waiting for you to take you along the moat and old manor houses dotting the countryside. - In the evening the dinner will be served at the Castle Restaurant. (B & D/OV)
Day 07 - Bus Tour Muenster - Teuteburg Forest - Hofgeismar (Castle Sababurg)
Day 08 - Hofgeismar - Wuerzburg - Zweiflingen (Castle Friedrichsruhe)This morning, after another tasty breakfast your tour leads south to Wuerzburg, former seat of the Prince-Bishops. On an city bustour you cross the Old Main River Bridge adorned with Baroque statues of saints and you arrive at Fortress Marienberg, which was the Bishop residence during the 13th century . You can enjoy a magnificent view from here down to the roofs of the city and its river. - After this break we continue with our journey to Zweiflingen in the district of Swabia, not far from Heilbronn and Romantic Road. - Join for a welcome drink at Castle Friedrichsruhe and learn some more about this old castle, surrounded by a beautiful park before you take your dinner at the Castle Restaurant. (B & D/OV)
Day 09 - Romantic Road - Horse-Carriage Ride
Day 10 - Bus Transfer Zweiflingen - Heidelberg - Kronberg (Castle Kronberg)Enjoy your breakfast this morning and drive through the picturesque Neckar River Valley, famous for its wine growing. Soon you arrive at the beautiful city of Heidelberg wher you see one of Germany’s oldest universities, the picturesque market place and a Knight Mansion, built in the late 16th century. Your bus takes you up the castle hill and from its terrace you will enjoy a incredible view of the town and its river Neckar. - Next your today’s bustour takes you to most charming Castle Kronberg, built during the late 19th century by Queen Victoria. Enjoy a special welcome reception and gain some useful information about this castle and its history before dinner tonight . (B & D/OV)
Day 11 - Bus Charter Tour Ruedesheim - Rhine River Cruise
Day 12 - The last Day of the TourAfter a royal farewell breakfast during the forenoon your bus is waiting to take you to Frankfurt Airport. Your driver bids “Auf Wiedersehen” and wishing a happy return before you take off. (B)
What the Land Tour all includes (add airfaires):
- Bus-Transfers between arrival and departure airport and castles.
- 11 nights accommodation at six selected most beautiful and convenient castles in Germany. All rooms equipped with private facilities to suit high standards, including tax, service charge and baggage handling in/ out.
- 11 rich buffet-breakfasts.
- 11 three up to four-courses dinners, last night with wine.
- 6 welcome receptions upon arrival of each accommodation castle.
- Touring by a private and late-model charter-bus with a washroom/ toilet, air-condition, reclining seats and panoramic windows. On request beverages will be served on board to a rea sonable cost.
- All sightseeings, entrance fees where applicable, boat excursions and horse-carriage rides as per itinerary.
- A valuable gift to each member of tour.